When I started Spruce Organizing in 2009, I wrote a business plan and thought about who my ultimate client would be. I assumed that it would be women. Stay at home mom’s with busy homes, professional women with busy schedules and female entrepreneurs who worked from home. For the first few years, this was pretty much how it went.
Then the men started calling. Their needs were really not that different although their stuff was. They needed help with:
- Photography equipment, media and mountains of electronics.
- Paperwork, old and new. And really old.
- Sorting boxes that they had moved many times but had no clue of the contents.
- Prepping homes for sale that they had lived in or owned for over 30 years.
- Helping their wives to prepare for moves.
- Toys like cars, motorcycles, guitars, art and tools.
- Sports equipment from kayaks to golf clubs by the hundreds AND
- Travel stuff like suitcases and hotel samples.
Last year, 4 of my 5 largest projects were initiated by men. Men can be fun to work with and just like women, some love the process and some would rather have root canals than organize! Anyway, the change of pace and variety of challenges has been lots of fun. Thanks for the business, guys!