If your pantry is bulging at the seams, set aside a few hours and clean it out. Here are the steps to get this done:
- Empty the entire contents of the pantry and sort contents into categories: beverages, small appliances, pastas, dinner items, snacks etc.
- Toss anything that is out of date, broken or that you know you will never use. The same goes for gadgets and small appliances.
- Once you have the items left that will return to the pantry, assign a space for them that is logical. Do snacks and cereals need to go low so that children can reach them? Can your cleaning supplies be relocated to your laundry room? Group your products together logically based on how much space they will need. For example, if you drink a lot of bottled water or have pet food, make sure several full packages will fit.
- Purchase and install and handy racks, bins or additional shelves.
- Evaluate what comes into the pantry to keep it looking great. Shop with a list so that you are not buying duplicates. There are several great phone apps for groceries or you can use the notes feature with voice recognition or simply write a quick list before you leave for the store.